A businessman met a beautiful girl and agreed to spend the night with her for N5,000. They did their thing, and before he left, he told her that he did not have any cash with him, but he would have his secretary write a check and mail it to her, calling the payment RENT FOR APARTMENT.
On the way to the office, he regretted that the whole event had not been worth the price. So he had his secretary send a check for N2,500 and enclose the following typed note:
Enclosed please find a check for N2,500 for rent of your apartment. I am not sending the amount agreed upon,
because when I rented the place, I was under the impression that:
1. It had never been occupied.
2. There was plenty of heat and water.
3. It was small enough to make me feel cozy and at home.
However, I found out that:
1. It had been previously occupied.
2. There wasn’t any heat and certainly no water.
3. It was much too large for my comfort.
Upon receipt of the note, the lady immediately returned the check for N2,500 with the following note:
1. I cannot understand how you could expect a beautiful apartment to remain unoccupied indefinitely.
2. As for the heat and water, my apartment has plenty if you know how to turn it on.
3. Regarding the space, the apartment is indeed of regular size, but if you don’t have enough furniture to fill it, please do not blame the management.
So, Please send the rent in full or we will be forced to contact your present landlady.
Merife Obinna’s Blog
All Rights reserved. No part of this post should be reproduced WITHOUT our express permission. Thanks